Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

I've been in Seattle for several days now and it has been raining since I arrived. It seriously has not dried out enough to walk outside in socks. It just makes me homesick. At my house, it never rains for more than an hour at a time, and it is dry enough to walk on the porch after about 2 minutes. Sometimes, the water evaporates quick enough that you can even go outside in the rain and not get your feet wet. It is amazing! I'd encourage all of you to move to Colorado with us, but then we would miss the other wonderful thing about the area: the open space. Our city is quite literally surrounded by farmland. It is great.

OK, down to business. I finished reading "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters". It was an excellent work of non-fiction. It was enlightening and inspiring. As a father of a little girl, some of the facts came as a bit of a wake up call, but the advice and encouragement was wonderful and makes me excited to raise my baby. I would recommend this book to anyone. Not just fathers and not just fathers of daughters, but anyone (of course you must be mature enough to take the very frank nature of the subject matter) who wishes to understand better the relationship between men and women. It just really gets you thinking, in a good way. I'd love to hear comments on this, especially those of you who have read the book, but also all you daughters out there; what are your experiences? Discuss amongst yourselves...

1 comment:

Christian said...

I am so glad that you guys came out to visit. I miss both of you so much. Have a great trip back to Denver.