Monday, September 17, 2007

Pottery Class

So, I came across a very interesting photo of myself as a child. It is very telling. This was the summer of 1978, so I was just over 1 year old. At first glance, this simply looks like a funny photo. A baby in an old tire swing being pushed in the backyard by his goofy older brothers.
However, if you look more closely, at my left hand, you will see something most shocking...
...a 9mm pistol. It appears that I owned my first firearm at the age of one! So, there you have it; it must be in my genes. There's just no fighting nature. 'Til next time, keep your eyes peeled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes and how telling it is that I am still a total spazz today. putting out youtube videos like this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUZ2anxxD4

Anonymous said...

And how telling it is (love that phrase) that society and the neighborhood have changed so much. Today you could not buy a toy handgun(sorry to give it away) without a bright orange tip. And how politically incorrect to let your 1-year-old play with it. But looking closer to home...how green is that back yard. If you were to look at that same view today you would see a tall wooden fence with an even taller house looming over it.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is I love my family!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Ammon.
I loved that little baby!
MAC you are awesome!!! I've got to come see you.
Thanks for the reading suggestions.
MCK